IEGF 2016 funding round
Education New Zealand (ENZ) welcomes applications for the International Education Growth Fund (IEGF) 2016 funding round.
Applications must be received by 5pm on 8 April 2016 (NZT), with project funding for activities commencing in June 2016.
Only online applications will be accepted.
Please submit your completed application forms here.
Find out how the IEGF enabled recipients Mike Walmsley of Code Avengers and Richard Allan of BIOZONE grow their businesses.
About the IEGF
The IEGF is designed to help New Zealand’s education providers achieve significant growth by making the most of international education opportunities. ENZ will provide funding between $10,000 to $50,000 on a co-funded 50:50 basis for initiatives from New Zealand education institutions, New Zealand education service or product providers and peak bodies.
IEGF investment will be made in selected projects that:
- increase revenue from international education
- boost innovation in the international education supply chain
- open up new avenues for business diversification and export growth
- focus on sustainable and scalable activities that will allow the international education sector as a whole to benefit
- encourage collaborative, longer-term and larger projects or respond to smaller scale quick-win opportunities
- align with ENZ objectives including target markets where appropriate.
Relevant education sectors
This service is for New Zealand:
- education institutions
- businesses that offer education services or products
- peak bodies
Regional education groups / regional economic development agencies should discuss support available through ENZ’s Regional Partnership Programme.
Previous successful applications
Previous successful projects came from all sectors of the international education industry. Projects were as diverse as the development of a new Study Abroad course for US students; a regional marketing collaboration in China; and market testing of a new app for parents of children who are learning English.
Download the list of successful applicants for June 2015.
Download the list of successful applicants for February 2015.
Download the list of successful applicants for April 2014.
Download the list of successful applicants for September 2013.
Download the list of successful applicants for June 2013.