Generation Study Abroad students come to New Zealand for a great education and an incredible adventure.
It’s a place where learning is personalised and easily tailored, where independent thought is welcomed and innovation is encouraged. In New Zealand students discover new ways to learn, gain new experiences and get a fresh global perspective.
Education New Zealand and New Zealand tertiary institutions are supporting Generation Study Abroad students with excellence and travel awards.
Education New Zealand Study Abroad Travel Awards (ENZTA) offer US$2,000 to help students fund their flight to New Zealand.
Generation Study Abroad New Zealand Universities Excellence Awards (NZUEA) offer US$500 for study at one of the eight New Zealand universities.
Generation Study Abroad New Zealand Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics Excellence Awards (NZITPEA) offer US$500 for study at participating institutes of technology and polytechnics.
For further information and to request student flyers, please contact Sam Hoben, Market Development Manager – North America: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 202 390 6198.
Applicants for any of the Generation Study Abroad awards must meet ALL the following criteria:
- Must be a US citizen or hold US Resident status
- Currently enrolled in at least Sophomore year at a tertiary institution in the United States of America
- Enrolled at a New Zealand university or ITP through a Study Abroad programme
- 18 years or above at the time of application
- Hold a minimum GPA of 3.0 in tertiary studies to date (4.0 scale).
Note: This award is not open to citizens or Permanent Residents of New Zealand or Australia.
In addition to the application form, you must submit the following documents in order to complete an ENZTA, NZUEA, or NZITPEA application:
- Official transcript/s of university/tertiary level qualification/s to date (post high school)
- Letter of recommendation from a Professor (or Assistant Professor) at your US home institution
- Endorsement form completed by your US home institution Study Abroad Office or equivalent
- Curriculum Vitae (resume)
- Copy of the photo ID page of your passport
- Copy of your US Resident visa (for non-US citizens only).
Required documents must be submitted via email, as attachments.
For study programmes beginning in February or March 2015 you must apply by 1 December 2014.
For study programmes beginning in July 2015 you must apply by 30 April 2015.
Terms and conditions
Please review the terms and conditions before you apply for any of the Generation Study Abroad awards.
How to apply
- Download and complete the ENZTA, NZUEA, or NZITPEA application form.
- Email your application form and required documents to Education New Zealand at email@example.com. Include the award name and your name in the email subject field.
All applications and documents sent to Education New Zealand will be acknowledged upon receipt.
Once applications have closed, a panel will review all applications and select the award recipients.
All applicants will be notified of the selection results within six weeks of the submission deadline.
Documents for download
Education New Zealand Study Abroad Travel Awards (ENZTA) application form
Generation Study Abroad New Zealand Universities Excellence Awards (NZUEA) application form
Generation Study Abroad New Zealand Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics Excellence Awards (NZITPEA) application form
Generation Study Abroad terms and conditions
Generation Study Abroad Excellence/Travel Awards endorsement form