Generation Study Abroad Excellence and Travel Awards
Applications welcome from US citizens and residents.
Applications will be available online here from 1 October 2016
Generation Study Abroad students come to New Zealand for a great education and an incredible adventure.
It’s a place where learning is personalised and easily tailored, where independent thought is welcomed and innovation is encouraged. In New Zealand students discover new ways to learn, gain new experiences and get a fresh global perspective.
Education New Zealand and New Zealand tertiary institutions are supporting Generation Study Abroad students with excellence and travel awards.
Education New Zealand Study Abroad Travel Awards (ENZTA) offer US$2,000 to help students fund their flight to New Zealand.
Generation Study Abroad New Zealand Universities Excellence Awards (NZUEA) offer US$500 for study at one of the eight New Zealand universities.
Generation Study Abroad New Zealand Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics Excellence Awards (NZITPEA) offer US$500 for study at participating institutes of technology and polytechnics.
For further information and to request student flyers, please email the scholarships team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants for any of the Generation Study Abroad awards must meet ALL the following criteria:
- Must be a US citizen or hold US Resident status
- Currently enrolled in at least Sophomore year at a tertiary institution in the United States of America
- Enrolled at a New Zealand university or ITP through a Study Abroad programme
- 18 years or above at the time of application
- Hold a minimum GPA of 3.0 in tertiary studies to date (4.0 scale).
Note: This award is not open to citizens or Permanent Residents of New Zealand or Australia.
As part of the online application form, you will need to upload the following documents in order to complete an ENZTA, NZUEA, or NZITPEA application:
- Official transcript/s of university/tertiary level qualification/s to date (post high school)
- Curriculum Vitae (resume)
- Copy of the photo ID page of your passport
- Copy of your US Resident visa (for non-US citizens only).
For study programmes beginning in February/ March 2017 you must apply by 1 December 2016.
For study programmes beginning in July 2017 you must apply by 30 April 2017.
Terms and conditions
Please review the terms and conditions before you apply for any of the Generation Study Abroad awards.
How to apply
All applications will be available online here from 1 October 2016 - hard copy applications will no longer be accepted.
All applicants will be notified of the selection results within six weeks of the submission deadline.
Got a question? Please email email@example.com