New Zealand - Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships (NZ-GRADS) - 2022 Special Round
New Zealand in support of the Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA), is pleased to offer a PhD scholarship for students from developing countries.
This scholarship offers the possibility for students from developing countries to come to New Zealand to work on research projects related to agricultural greenhouse gas mitigation.
For this special round, four PhD projects aligned with New Zealand research programmes have been selected:
- Assessing soil carbon changes associated with land management and land use change.
- Long-term soil phosphorus fertiliser implications for soil nitrogen cycling and Greenhouse Gas emission.
- Plant and plant/microbiome traits impacting N2O emissions from soil.
- Climate Neutral Farms (ClieNFarms).
For more details, including information on what costs are funded by the scholarship, visit the Global Research Alliance website here.
The scholarship is supported by the New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries.
The following criteria are non-negotiable:
- Your PhD study must be conducted in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- You cannot hold citizenship or permanent residency status in New Zealand or Australia
- You must be from a developing country. Check here for current classification.
- You can apply to one of the available projects.
How to apply
Applications must be completed and submitted by 30 September 2022, 11:59 pm New Zealand time exclusively via the Education New Zealand online application portal.
To ensure swift and smooth processing of the application documents, all attachments need to be uploaded in the application portal in the form of PDF files only.
The following information must be provided, and documents must be uploaded to the application portal:
- Evidence of citizenship for every country for which you hold citizenship
- Meet the requirements to enrol for a PhD programme at the selected University
- Academic transcripts, grading scale and certificate of completion
- One Page Motivation letter explaining why you would be the best candidate for the selected project
- CV (maximum two pages)
You will also need to provide the names and emails of two academic referees.
Ready to apply?
Please submit your application via the Education New Zealand online application portal.