This website and associated sites are created by Education New Zealand, a Crown Entity funded by the New Zealand Government.
Unless otherwise indicated, copyright in all material, products and services available on this site is owned by Education New Zealand (ENZ). You can reproduce this material free of charge without further permission, as long as you:
- Reproduce the material accurately;
- Do not use the material in a derogatory manner or a misleading context; and
- Acknowledge the source and copyright status of the material.
Unless we give you written permission you may not reproduce, adapt, copy, distribute or incorporate in any other work, in whole or in part, any trade mark appearing on this site, including any Education New Zealand logos or trade marks that appear on this site (including the 'Education New Zealand' logo and the 'New Zealand Educated' logo).
This website may contain links to third party websites that are not under the control of ENZ. ENZ does not endorse, and is not responsible in any way for any information, content or material that is available on third party websites, or the privacy practices of any such third party and its website.
We are committed to complying with the Privacy Act 2020 (New Zealand), and any other applicable privacy laws and regulations, when collecting, using or dealing with any of your personal information.
Like many organisations we collect information about our users for the purposes of:
- Providing you with services that we offer.
- Improving our digital platforms, marketing material and strategies, and to provide you with a better experience when you use our digital platforms and when we provide you our services.
- Giving you a personalised user experience.
- Conducting research and other statistical and data analysis associated with our functions
We collect information about you when you communicate with us, register an ENZ account, visit or use this site or any other online platform, service, application, website or messaging service that we subscribe to or use (each being a digital platform).
What personal information do we collect about you?
If you register an ENZ account we may collect personal information about you including your name, email address, date of birth, gender, nationality, country of residence, qualifications, your intended study plans and preferences, what education agent you are working with (if any) and information relating to your visa applications or enrolment status.
Where you have provided us with your express consent, we may collect information relating to your visa applications directly from Immigration New Zealand.
While you use our services, we may collect any of the following further information from you:
- Your name, email address, residential address, telephone number, gender, date of birth and password.
- Your bank account number and other financial information.
- Information about your education, work experience, skills and qualifications.
- Information on your business such as your company name and number, company size, business type and professional profile.
- Information that you provide to us when we communicate via writing, email or phone.
- Details of your browser, domain name and IP address, and the details of any website you linked from to our website.
- Other additional information required from time to time.
Unfortunately, if you choose not to provide information when we ask for it, you may not be able to use our website or the services we offer.
We may also collect aggregated information generated by our systems, which tracks traffic to, and within, our Website or Platform, but does not relate to you personally. We are providing a service to the school/education provider that you submit an application to through the Platform and so we are collecting and processing application information solely on such third party’s behalf. Additionally we may be provided information about you by Education New Zealand through the My StudyNZ website API.
We may also collect information relevant to our Digital Platforms, our marketing strategies and our services, including information on:
- IP addresses
- Search terms
- Pages accessed and links clicked
- Dates and times of visits
- The immediate previous site visited
- Operating systems (eg Windows, Mac)
- Web browsers
- Internet activity, whether on this website or any other
Where we use this information for statistical purposes, all users are anonymous and not personally identifiable from the information.
How do we use your personal information?
Personal information collected through any Digital Platform or the ‘Join Us’ , 'Subscribe', 'Contact Us' and any other form on this website, or from Immigration New Zealand will be collected by Education New Zealand and will be used to provide you with any service that you have requested, for our legitimate interests, or in accordance with your consent, including for the purposes of:
- For research, surveys, and other statistical or analytical purposes in connection with our functions.
- Meeting any of our legal or other regulatory obligations.
- Providing your personal information to Education New Zealand’s agents, education providers and institutions.
- Facilitating communications between Education New Zealand, you and/or its agents, education providers and institutions.
- Education New Zealand’s communications, and marketing and promotional information and materials about Education New Zealand, its programmes and activities, and its agents, education providers and institutions.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive, then sent back to the server by your browser each time you access certain sections of our Digital Platforms.
Third parties including Google Analytics use this information to perform statistical analysis of user behaviour and demographics. We may use this analysis to understand the key characteristics of visitors to any Digital Platform on an anonymous and aggregate level which assists us to improve and personalise your experience with Education New Zealand. We also use the information provided by third parties including the Google Analytics Remarketing service to better target our online advertising including based on your previous visits to any Digital Platform, and to present you with relevant advertising on third party websites. Education New Zealand may disclose the information collected by cookies, in an aggregate (not personal) form only, to Google and third parties including advertisers or potential advertisers.
If you do not want information to be collected by cookies there is a simple procedure in web browsers which allows you to manually disable the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this, please look at the help menu on your browser. Additionally, you can modify your privacy settings to choose how your personal information is managed by Google. For more information please see here.
Other than as stated above, information will not be shared with third parties outside of Education New Zealand (or its affiliates and related parties) except where required by law. We may also disclose your personal information if and to the extent we are required to do so by law or at the request of a government agency that has authority to compel us to disclose your personal information.
Munchkin automatically gathers the following information:
- Page Visits
- Link Clicks
- IP Address
- Our cookie ID
If you prefer that we do not place this cookie on your web browser you may opt out by clicking the Do Not Track (DNT) feature in your browser. This prevents tracking for your particular browser and device.
Who will we share your personal information with and why
We may share information that we collect about you in accordance with, and for the purposes set out in these terms, and we may share information about you with:
- Education New Zealand's agents, education providers and institutions if you have completed any forms or submitted any enquiries connected to that third party and consented to such disclosure.
- Our service providers that we have engaged to provide a service to us in relation to our functions, this website or any service that we have agreed to provide you. For example, we may share information about you with a service provider that we have engaged to provide technology services or customer support services.
- Any other organisation or person that you have authorised us to disclose your information to.
- Immigration New Zealand.
Any personal information that we disclose to our third party service providers to enable them to perform a service for us will be processed in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act 2020 and the principles of the GDPR. Where any personal information is to be transferred outside of the EU or New Zealand for the purpose of processing, we will ensure that appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to ensure the third party service provider protects the data to the same standard as required under the GDPR (e.g. the information will be transferred to a country with adequate privacy laws, to an organisation who is certified under the US/EU Privacy Shield, or we will enter into standard contractual clauses (as approved by the European Commission) with those service providers.
We may disclose information about you if, and to the extent that, we are required to do so by law, or at the request of a government agency that has authority to compel us to disclose information about you.
Retention of personal information
Your acceptance of these terms
By registering an ENZ account, submitting information to Education New Zealand (including the ‘Join us’ or by completing or submitting an enquiry form, 'Contact Us' or/and any other form on this website) or by using, or communicating with us through any other Digital Platform, you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your information as described above.
If you have provided your child or dependent’s personal information to us, you confirm that you are authorised to do so.
If you do not agree to the terms of this policy, you will not be able to register an ENZ account, Education New Zealand will not accept your form or enquiry, and your information will not be processed or referred on to Education New Zealand’s agents, education providers and institutions.
Where you have given your consent to specific purposes of processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time by any of the following means:
- To stop receiving marketing and promotional information and materials about Education New Zealand, its programmes and activities, you can click the unsubscribe facility in any of the electronic communications that we send you.
- To close your ENZ Account you can contact us at the details set out below and we will do this for you.
You have the right to view and change any personal information Education New Zealand holds about you at any time.
You have the right to object to the processing of your information, request that we delete your personal information, and/or that we transfer your personal information to another organisation.
Information will be held by Education New Zealand. You may request access to, correction or deletion of your personal information held by Education New Zealand by writing to our Data Protection Officer at Level 5 Lambton House, 160 Lambton Quay. PO Box 12041, Wellington 6144, New Zealand , or by contacting Angela Meredith on +64 4 913 9597 or email@example.com.
If there is a reason under the Privacy Act, GDPR or other applicable law for us not to comply with your request, we will notify you in writing setting out the reasons for the refusal (except to the extent it would be unreasonable or unlawful to do so) and advise you of the mechanisms available to you to complain about our response.
For more information about your rights or to make a complaint about our privacy practices you may contact either the Office of the Privacy Commissioner (New Zealand) or your local supervisory authority.
Immigration New Zealand Data Agreement
Where you have provided your express consent, personal information collected through any Digital Platform (on this website) will be collected by Education New Zealand and will be used for the purposes of providing your personal information to Immigration New Zealand to request and receive updates on the status of any student visa applications you have submitted. This will enable us to provide a more personalised digital experience, and enable us to undertake certain research and statistical analysis associated with our functions.
Additional terms relating to registration of an ENZ Account
You can choose to create an ENZ Account to collate and store information relating to your student application.
It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality and security of any information that may be used to access your ENZ Account, including your password.
ENZ reserves the right at its discretion to suspend, modify or terminate access to your ENZ Account at any time with or without notice to you.
Any information that you rely on through use of an ENZ Account is entirely at your own risk. You are solely responsible for the actions you take in reliance of the information available on or accessed through your ENZ Account.
ENZ Accounts are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. ENZ does warrant that ENZ Accounts will be free from errors, timely or secure.
Exclusion of our liability
You acknowledge and agree that:
- to the maximum extent permitted at law, any and all liability of Education New Zealand and its directors, officers and employees to you under or in connection with these terms and conditions, this website or your use of this website is excluded; and
- the exclusion in paragraph (a) applies regardless of whether liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence), equity or by statute or other legislation, and whether such liability is for direct, indirect, consequential or punitive losses or damages, or loss of profit, income, data, business opportunity or anticipated savings.
It is up to you to ensure you are protected against viruses, worms, trojan horses, spyware, malware or other items of a destructive or harmful nature.
You agree to indemnify, and keep indemnified, Education New Zealand and its directors, officers and employees against any and all actions, claims, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including legal costs) suffered or incurred by any of those persons arising out of or in connection with:
- your use of this website; and
- any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
If any provision of these terms and conditions becomes or is held invalid, unenforceable or illegal (whether partly or in full) for any reason, that provision (or part of that provision) will be severed from the remaining terms and conditions, which will continue in full force and effect.
These terms and conditions, your use of this website, any information contained on it, and any dispute arising out of such use of this website are subject to the laws of New Zealand. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand in relation to these terms and conditions, your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of this website.