ENZ is New Zealand’s government agency for building international education. We promote New Zealand as a study destination and support the delivery of education services offshore. We also administer scholarships to support New Zealanders studying overseas particularly in Asia and Latin America.
What we do
ENZ works with New Zealand’s diverse education industry, organisations and companies that cover seven sectors:
- English language providers
- Private Training Establishments (PTEs)
- Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology
- Education services.
- leads the future thinking of New Zealand’s international education industry, and drives forward future activities for growth of the industry
- facilitates education industry capability so providers can effectively recruit and support international students
- helps the education industry to identify new opportunities for growth
- leverages the offshore promotional activities of other NZ Inc agencies - such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Immigration New Zealand, Tourism New Zealand and New Zealand Trade and Enterprise - to raise the profile of New Zealand education
- works closely with other New Zealand agencies to create an environment in which international education can grow and international students can flourish
- provides information to prospective international students and their families about studying with New Zealand
- works with other agencies and the education industry to ensure international students continue to receive a high quality experience while living and studying in New Zealand
- spreads the word about the social, cultural and economic benefits of international education within New Zealand.