25 August 2022 at 12:00 pm
APAC TVET Forum registrations go live
Registrations are open now for the 2022 Asia Pacific Technical and Vocational Education and Training (APAC TVET) Forum on 14-15 September. The forum is free to attend.
Education New Zealand Manapou ki te Ao (ENZ) is excited to be hosting this virtual forum in partnership with Skills Consulting Group and Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology.
This year’s forum theme Reshape – Rethink – Reset reflects the need to ensure the sustainability of workforces through innovation and skill building. The world of work is changing rapidly, so the upskilling and retraining of workers throughout the Asia Pacific region is more important than ever.
APAC TVET provides an opportunity to share knowledge and insights on best practice across the region. Participants will hear from sector leaders and practitioners throughout government, business, and education. There will be opportunities for learning, discussion, and networking.
The wide-ranging programme features topics such as:
- Solving skills shortages in a global community
- Youth employment and lifelong learning
- Skills for tomorrow and the credentials required
- Reimagining work: Digital transformation
- Inclusive systems that bridge the gender gap and promote diversity
- Embedding sustainability in vocational education
Speakers are drawn from across the region, and include:
- Grant McPherson, Chief Executive – Education New Zealand
- Leon Fourie, Chair International Working Group – Te Pūkenga
- Khun Phornvit Phacharintanakul, Senior Vice President – CP Group (Thailand)
- Akustina Morni, Senior Advisor – International Organisation of Employers (Brunei)
- Dr Rohit Kishore, Director – Fiji Higher Education Commission
- Kameli Batiweti, Chief Executive Officer – Fiji Commerce & Employers Federation
- Dee Halil, Datacenter Region Expansion Skills Program Manager – Microsoft
- Frances Valintine, Founder/Chief Executive Officer - The Mind Lab Tech Futures Lab
- Professor Chan Lee, Seoul National University (South Korea)
- Afiq Redzuan, Group Chief Executive Officer – Multimedia Technology Enhancement Operations (Malaysia)
All main APAC TVET Forum sessions will offer synchronous translation in four languages: Mandarin, English, Bahasa Indonesia, and Vietnamese.
For more information and to register visit www.apactvetforum.com