Criteria – Paearu
New Zealand universities and Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology are eligible to apply.
Graduates, doctoral candidates, doctorate holders, professors and lecturers.
Definition of “early-career researcher”:
- A PhD student enrolled at a participating New Zealand university.
- A researcher who has been awarded a Research Master’s or PhD within five years from the date of the application.
- A researcher who received his or her award more than five years before the date of the application but who, due to career interruptions such as family commitments, has had less than the equivalent of five cumulative years of research experience.
Eligible Subject Areas and Disciplines
The programme is open to all disciplines.
Education New Zealand will support participating New Zealand institutions by funding travel and living expenses for research trips to Germany. ENZ will match the contribution of New Zealand institutions to a maximum of NZ$12,500 per year per project. Projects are typically funded for up to two years.
PPP funding covers the following project-related expenses:
• Travel costs of the sponsored participants
• Living costs of the sponsored participants
Experienced researchers can stay in Germany for up to 30 days per year. Graduates can stay for up to 50 days per year.