17 July 2019
Are you ready for NZIEC 2019?
There is only one day until the 2019 New Zealand International Education Conference.
With a packed breakout programme, outstanding keynote speakers and the return of Miriama Kamo at the helm, the 2019 NZIEC is not to be missed.
What’s on offer at NZIEC 2019?
This year centres on Navigating our changing world and how New Zealand has the opportunity to stand out as one of the most innovative players in the global international education industry.
The full programme is now available. Among the featured highlights are the following sessions.
- Inspirational keynote speaker and founder of Inspiring Stories, Guy Ryan will kick things off by discussing how we can Navigate the needs of future learners. Guy has spoken internationally and at home to more than 25,000 people, including TEDx and World Forums.
- The topic of Resilience and mental wellness in under-represented international students will be explored by Marcela Lapertosa and Huong Diep. They will look at the issues that affect international students while discussing strategies and providing tools to foster resilience in a culturally appropriate manner.
- We will harness the power of the ANZAC spirit by having a look at ANZAC perspectives: strategies, leading indicators and busting international education myths in Australia and New Zealand. This session will ask attendees to compare what’s the same and what’s unique for New Zealand and will challenge them to think about what this means for decisions in our sector.
- It’s time for New Zealand to take a bolder approach to our education brand positioning. In the session I am New. Repositioning the New Zealand Education brand for success, Paul Irwin, ENZ General Manager Partnerships & Marketing, and Kaylee Butters, ENZ Director Brand and Design, will launch a new long-term brand platform for New Zealand that focuses on a high value audience, redefines what a quality education means and is grounded in New Zealand’s unique strengths, both as a country and as an education system. This session will also cover what this could mean for your international marketing.
- As part of our celebration of Japan as the NZIEC Country of Honour, we welcome guest speakers from Tokyo Metropolitan Board of Education and Atsugi City Board of Education. We look forward to presenting a renewed, strategic partnership with Japan to provide new business opportunities for New Zealand providers. We will also look at ways to foster meaningful connections between New Zealand and Japan through a wide range of exchange activities with students and teachers from the two countries.
- Dan Smidt (ENZ), Andrew Galloway and Pii-Tuulia Nikula bring together a range of perspectives and experiences to discuss effective monitoring of education agents; best approaches and potential benefits.
- On day two, keynote speakers, Dr Lisa Coleman, Chief Diversity Officer of New York University, will explore a world of diversity, while Professor Chris Gallivan of Massey University will finish the conference by giving a not-to-be missed exploration of navigating education transformation.
Places are selling fast!
Places are selling fast. With nearly half of all places already sold we’re not expecting the remaining places to be around for much longer.
If you’re thinking of attending, you need to get in quick to avoid disappointment and missing out on the international education event of the year.
The 28th New Zealand International Education Conference and Expo (NZIEC) will be held at SkyCity Convention Centre in Auckland on Wednesday 7 and Thursday 8 August. Find out more about NZIEC at www.nziec.co.nz
BPO Intelligence has returned as the conference’s lead partner for the sixth year running, while The PIE News returns as the media partner.
Talented young Kiwis awarded PM’s Scholarships to Asia and Latin America
More than 250 young New Zealanders will add international experience to their education, thanks to the latest Prime Minister's Scholarships.